The motivation to present a talk on this particular topic is based upon my leadership experiences within the academic, social, cultural, student residence and sporting structures at three universities which have positively impacted on my career. In this talk, the main areas of insight that will be explored are the various examples of leadership which people can assimilate during and beyond institutions and industries. We will look at how people can be inspired from a different light to be proactive and do more and introduce unique synergies that thought leaders can use to drive this beautiful country forward.
Art and Inspiration / Keynote / Impart wisdom / Inspiring / Intermediate
• Defining leadership and in the context of various settings
• Examples of great leaders and the attributes they possessed
• What principles govern successful leadership?
• How have these roles played a positive impact?
• Thinking differently about leadership…
• Leadership lessons learnt
• Way forward for aspiring stduents, sportsmen and sportswoman, business enthusiasts and academics
My leadership experiences are diverse within the academic, social, cultural, student residence and sporting structures at three universities and these have positively impacted on my career. I have given a TEDx talk at UCT last year as well as 2 Keynote presentations at academic institutions/conferences. I have been in the industry for more than 3 years and my expertise is based on how smart I have worked, not hard or many years. My colleagues and I have developed an app for cricket, and I too, would like to inspire thought leaders to use similar apps in their sporting, academic and corporate fraternities.